Missionaries of Merciful Love
The following is a list of the Missionaries of Merciful Love member's duties. This is a general guideline of how we wish to live out our vocation. Of course, nobody is perfect and we all fall short of this list from time to time. There is no need to feel guilty if we are not perfect nor is there room for pride when we attain this. This is simply a guideline to follow. God is a God of mercy. Remember to show mercy to yourself as well as to others.
1. Read a passage from the Bible and pray DAILY. Include at least 5 minutes of contemplative prayer. (meditating on a Scripture verse).
2. Attend Mass REGULARLY.
3. Read the DAILY reading from the book “A Year of Merciful Love" and/or a passage from the Diary of St. Faustina.
4. Pray the Chaplet of Mercy DAILY. (The hour of mercy,
3 p.m. is suggested.
5. Make a holy hour of Eucharistic adoration ONCE A WEEK if possible.
6. Fast at least ONCE A WEEK. Any kind of fast for any amount of time. Bread and water on Wednesday and Friday is suggested.
7. Try to do at least one act of merciful love ONCE A WEEK.
8. Attend the Sacrament of Reconciliation REGULARLY.
9. Go on a MONTHLY retreat anywhere for any length of time. A silent retreat is recommended for all or a portion of the retreat.
10. Attend the Missionaries of Merciful Love MONTHLY meeting in your area. The suggested time is on the first Sunday of the month at 3 p.m. If there is no MML group in your area or can’t attend the meeting, you can follow the MML Meeting format by yourself at this time.